I spent Sabbath day last Sunday in a very interesting way. I usually watch church online at 11am every Sunday for Sabbath but last Sunday on Sabbath I rolled out of bed at noon! I know that's late but hey, isn't Sabbath the day of rest, anyway? Exactly.
So I rolled out of bed at noon with the fuzzy- headedness of a person getting knocked off her schedule. But I was determined to spend time with God that day. Yeah, I could have watched church online even though I missed it live but need I remind you, my brain was full of fuzz and out of sorts. The only thing I could think to do was go outside and stare off, hoping some sort of activity would begin to take place in my brain enough so that I could have a conversation with God. In other words, I was hoping to have church outside. I would be the pastor and congregation and figure out some sort of service/sermon--that is, if my eyes stayed open.
Luckily, the neurons in my brain responded very nicely to the picturesque view of blossoming flowers and the sweet aroma of nature's perfume and my brain woke up. So I held church right there in my garden and now I'm sharing it with you! Below is the church service I had where I was both the pastor and congregation. As you may have noticed, I decided to create a picture book out of the service for you to read and participate in the church service! I truly hope you enjoy the service. Oh yeah, and we will not be taking an offering but we do accept PG13 comments below...here goes--
Pictures with Description
Bible Verses Underneath
1. Diversity of Life. Many types of plants God created to form one forest and each to serve a purpose. Likewise, God created each person to form together one body each serving a purpose for the whole.
“Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” 1 Corinthians 12:12
2. Caring for God's creatures. Bird feeder and water providing nourishment for our beautiful bird friends to assist them on their journey through the skies.
“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over...the birds in the sky.” Genesis 1:26
3. Knowing that those who passed are likely watching us & supporting us. Honoring those who came before us who exemplified Christ. Statue of Saint Francis of Assisi who was known for his love for animals and nature and his choice to leave a life of riches to pursue a life of service in Christ. He is still likely with us, as the Bible states we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. Many have taken this to mean Saints are with us cheering us on.
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1
*Reminder to keep Christ close to our hearts.
*This picture illustrates Saint Francis of Assisi's great love for nature.
4. There will be dark, cloudy days but the light will come and the clouds will clear. Grey and white clouds mixed together with darkness and light, showing life will have challenges but do not lose hope-light is with us, within us, and around us. All pain and suffering is but temporary--coming and going like the clouds. There will be everlasting joy and bliss with us one day. We must go through suffering to fully appreciate the bliss to come.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
5. All are welcomed. A welcome sign on an outside door serving as a reminder of the banquet parable Jesus told to describe the Feast God is preparing for us in Heaven.
In the parable Jesus said a man prepared a great banquet and invited many guests. When the food was prepared and ready the man sent out a servant to call all the guests in to feast but many declined the offer and made excuses for why they could not attend. But others attended. Likewise, we are all invited to God's banquet to feast but not all will accept the offer but many will. The point is all of us are invited to be with Our Heavenly Father, Almighty God. Nevertheless, all are invited but not all will accept as shown in this parable.
“When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, ‘Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God. ’” Luke 14:15
6. Perfected & Complete. Our brochure explaining the inspiration of the design of Be It Crew's Perfection Collection. That through Christ's teachings we are made perfect and complete.
The brochure in the picture lists four core teachings of Christ, including to love all unconditionally. Christ describes through loving all unconditionally we are made perfect like our Heavenly Father in Matthew 5:28. Christ also states in1 John 4:12, when we love one another, "God abides in us and his love is perfected in us."
This is the whole message behind our company--love unconditionally and be the person God designed you to be. Sunday is a perfect day to reflect on these teachings. I try to focus on this message everyday and wear the necklace design to remind myself to carry out Christ's core teachings to be made perfect in Christ. We, together, all can be who God designed us to be and fulfill our destinies. It is our birthright. This is the whole reason we started Be It Crew!
“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:48
7. Love God = Spending Time With God.
Our brochure listing the Prayer Process composed by author Matthew Kelley. The bible calls us to love God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. There is no better way to show love than spend time with those you love. Relationships must be nurtured and this goes for our relationship with God.
The Prayer Process shown in the picture below is a great way to nurture your relationship with God. This Prayer Process invites us to have a dialogue with God--speaking and listening, just like you would do with a friend. It is biblically sound and life-changing! I can attest to the life-changing effects of doing the Prayer Process everyday. In one week, you will see vast improvements in your life! I highly recommend doing it.
"Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’" Matthew 22:37
So waking up late wasn't so bad after all. I held church with God and His creation and rested. After all isn't this what God did after He made creation? Genesis 1:31 - 2:2 states:
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day. Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."
Next Sabbath get some fresh air and admire God's creation. It'll be worth it! As for me, I'll definitely be having church outside again.
Thank you so much for joining me at my service! I appreciate you! & God bless.